The Chester County Community Foundation connects people who care with the causes that matter, so their philanthropy makes a difference now and forever.
- CCCF helps people establish endowed legacy funds and make effective grants for perpetuity.
- CCCF is one of 650 Community Foundations across the nation.
- CCCF was founded in 1994. The oldest community foundation in the U.S. is 100 years old, so CCCF is relatively young and growing.
- CCCF is entrusted with 345 funds, representing $43.3 million in assets. Investments are professionally managed by a chief investment officer firm, overseen by the Board’s Investment Committee.
- CCCF has 20 Board members, 10 professional staff, and 75+ Committee volunteers.
- CCCF has awarded $29 million via 6,493 grants and scholarships since its founding. Grants are made to charities in Chester County and across the U.S.
- CCCF makes grant and scholarship awards primarily from its endowed Donor Advised Funds, Field of Interest Funds, and Nonprofit Endowment funds. Most of CCCF’s grants are made via donor advised funds—donor families recommend grants to the Board for approval.
- CCCF encourages and inspires philanthropy by working with: Families and Individuals interested in legacy giving; Teenage youths interested in philanthropy; Private foundations; Professional advisors, especially estate planners and financial planners; and Nonprofits.
If you want to help improve the community forever, get involved with the Community Foundation. Start your own donor advised fund, make a donation to an existing fund, or donate to the Community Foundation’s core programs and services via the annual fund.
View the last few years of the Community Foundation’s annual reports and IRS 990 forms.