The Chester County Community Foundation is located in the heart of the West Chester business district at 28 West Market Street. Our headquarters are in the historic Lincoln Building, the site of the publication of the first Abraham Lincoln biography.
Annually, thousands of visitors tour the Lincoln Building, learning lessons from the past to apply to the future.
The structure is a three and one-half story federal-style brick end-of-row commercial building constructed in 1833. The rest of the row has since been demolished, so the building is now free-standing, although the West wall may still be a “party wall” with all that entails. The rear wall is stucco over brick.
The basement is finished and is currently being leased as a coffee shop. With plate glass windows in front, a cherry floor, tin ceiling, food service counter and a fireplace, it is a bright and cheery space.
Find a more in-depth building analysis here.
Find historic building images from the Library of Congress here.