The Community Foundation joins with CardConnect to expand corporate social community investment via our Giving Circles.
Giving Circles are an innovative way to make a positive difference in the local nonprofit community, while building problem solving skills and teamwork, and having FUN.
The Community Foundation provides Giving Circle meeting facilitators, nonprofit sector expertise, charitable due diligence training, grantmaking experience, and connections to other Giving Circles.
CardConnect provides eager professionals who want to get involved and make a difference in the community. The nonprofit charitable sector yearns for business talent, energy, strategic approaches, and resources. Thank you, in advance, for giving your time, talent and treasure to make our world a better place.
WHAT ARE CardCONNECT GIVING CIRCLES?
- A group of CardConnect colleagues who pool their charitable dollars, learn about the nonprofit sector via site visits, and decide together which charities to support.
- In 4 in-person meetings and some on-line reading, Giving Circles are a venue to discuss broader issues related to philanthropy, such as prioritizing community needs, discerning service niches, comparing quality amongst various nonprofits, and determining financial health, leadership, and program impact.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
- Increase your community involvement
- Direct your donations to causes that matter to you and increase the impact of your charitable dollars
- Enjoy yourself – have meaningful conversations and contribute wealth, work and wisdom to the community
HOW MUCH TIME & MONEY?
Giving Circle members:
- Join the Giving Circle as a dues-paying member for $100. CardConnect will pay 50% of your membership–$50/$50.
- Participate in a Giving Circle for a minimum of 4 (four) 1.5 hour meetings during 2 months. Giving Circle meetings will be held at CardConnect during lunch and happy hour time. Use your CardConnect volunteer hours to attend Giving Circle meetings. CardConnect will take care of good eats & drinks.
- Donate to your Giving Circle Grantmaking Pool at the Community Foundation ($250-$2,500) as you desire. CardConnect will match your gift.
Next Step #1: Form your Giving Circle, with 6-12 people each
- Each Giving Circle pick an organizer
- Each organizer e-mail their Giving Circle member list of 6-12 people by June 15 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the Giving Circle time desired by the group: 1:00, 3:00 or 4:30.
- Mark your calendars for Giving Circle meeting dates:
Wed July 6 + Thurs July 21 + Tues Aug 2 + Wed Aug 17
- For the Giving Circle 1.5 hr. meetings, use your allotted 4 hours per month charitable hours
- For those not in a Giving Circle by June 15, Jen will organize a draft. E-mail Jen if you wish to Opt-Out of the draft.
Next Step #2: Confirm your Giving Circle membership by paying $50 to the Community Foundation
- By June 30, pay $50. There is a $100 registration fee per member. CardConnect will pay 50% of your membership. To pay your $50 portion of the membership head to the bottom of this page. You should receive a return e-mail charitable receipt immediately.
- By July 30, after your Giving Circle gets underway, you will be expected to make a donation (of any amount you desire) to your Giving Circle pool. This is the money that your Giving Circle will grant to the charity/ies agreed upon by the Giving Circle. CardConnect will match 100% of your donation.
What can you expect?
- A significant increase in your community involvement & knowledge about what’s going on in the community
- Make a difference in the community where we live, work & play
- Offer your donations to causes that are near and dear to your heart & mind
- CCCF CardConnect Annual Report Fund Highlights
We encourage everyone in the King of Prussia office to join a Giving Circle