The Chester County Community Foundation joins with the Chester County Bar Association – Young Lawyers Division to expand corporate social community investment via our Giving Circles.
Giving Circles are an innovative way to make a positive difference in the local nonprofit community, while building problem solving skills and teamwork, and having FUN.
The Community Foundation provides Giving Circle meeting facilitators, nonprofit sector expertise, charitable due diligence training, grantmaking experience, and connections to other Giving Circles.
WHAT IS THE CCBA – YOUNG LAWYERS GIVING CIRCLE?
- The group of CCBA – Young Lawyers who pool their charitable dollars, learn about the nonprofit sector via site visits, and decide together which charities to support.
- In 4 in-person meetings and some on-line reading, Giving Circles are a venue to discuss broader issues related to philanthropy, such as prioritizing community needs, discerning service niches, comparing quality amongst various nonprofits, and determining financial health, leadership, and program impact.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
- Increase your community involvement
- Direct your donations to causes that matter to you and increase the impact of your charitable dollars
- Enjoy yourself – have meaningful conversations and contribute wealth, work and wisdom to the community
HOW MUCH TIME & MONEY?
Giving Circle members:
- Attend four 1-hour meetings over the year.
- Donate to your Giving Circle Grantmaking Pool at the Community Foundation ($250-$2,500) as you desire.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
- A significant increase in your community involvement & knowledge about what’s going on in the community
- Make a difference in the community where we live, work & play
- Offer your donations to causes that are near and dear to your heart & mind
- Giving Circle Annual Report Highlights