The PLAN leverages the talents and resources of aspiring philanthropists from all walks of life to help them make impacts on our community, personally and collectively. As a member of the PLAN, you will have the opportunity to connect with like-minded peers as you engage in a variety of meaningful experiences; all geared towards helping you to learn how to make well-informed, sustainable short and long-term philanthropic decisions. You can either“Tip Toe” or “Dive In” based on how you would like to engage with the community.
- A group of 5-12 donors who pool their charitable dollars and decide together which charities to support.
- Smart Giving Circles evaluate nonprofits firsthand via site visits and volunteer activities.
- Via in-person meetings and on-line follow up, Smart Giving Circles are a venue to discuss broader issues related to philanthropy, such as prioritizing community needs, discerning service niches, comparing quality amongst various nonprofits, and determining financial health, leadership, program impact, etc.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
- Connect with like-minded peers and engage in professional and strategic networking
- Increase your community involvement
- Direct your donations to causes that matter to you and increase the impact of your charitable dollars
- Enjoy yourself – have meaningful conversations