The next general election is on November 3, 2020.
⭐ Get Out The Vote on November 3rd ⭐
- Your application must be received in the county office by 5:00 PM on 10/27/2020. Your voted ballot must be received in your county election office by 8:00 PM on 11/03/2020.
What do you need in order to register to vote in pa?
- A valid PA driver’s license or photo I.D. from the PA Department of Transportation (PennDot).
Absentee and Mail-in Ballots
Mail-in and absentee ballot applications for the November 3 general election must be received by your county election office by 5 p.m. on October 27. Be sure to check chesco.org/election for updates on ballot drop box locations in your area.
Who may apply for a mail-in ballot application?
You may apply for a Mail-in Ballot if you are a qualified voter. You must be registered to vote in order to vote by mail-in ballot.
Who may apply for an absentee ballot application?
- College students who are not registered to vote at their school address
- People whose work or vacation take them away from the municipality where they live
- Those with a physical disability or illness that prevents them from going to the polling place
- Members of the military
- People who may have a conflict due to the celebration of a religious holiday
- Inmates who haven’t been convicted of a felony
- To vote by absentee ballot you must be registered to vote.
Requirements to Vote
Voting is the language of our democracy, it is one of the core aspects that defines American life. We must ensure all voices are represented.
Learn more about how to exercise your voting rights, resist voter intimidation efforts, and access disability-related accommodations and language assistance at the polls.
Polling Place Information
If you have voted at your polling location before, you do not need to bring ID to vote. Only voters who are voting for the first time in their election district need to show ID. Chester County’s Voter Services website will have more information on polling place locations due to COVID-19.
Acceptable ID includes both photo and non-photo ID.
How to Get Involved
The views and opinions expressed in the links/articles are those of the author(s) and do not reflect the official policy or position of the Chester County Community Foundation.