The Chester County Nonprofit Innovation & Resiliency Fund is administered by the Chester County Community Foundation with support from regional funders, donors, united funds, and Chester County government departments.
Recognizing the importance of the nonprofit sector to the high quality of life throughout Chester County, the Chester County Commissioners have allocated $3.5 million to help nonprofits recover with innovation and resiliency. This funding is from the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
Per the CARES Act, grants must cover unforeseen financial needs and risks created by the COVID-19 public health emergency. This includes grants to implement and publicize the safe resumption of programs and services. The Community Foundation seeks proposals to support innovative, resilient COVID recovery needs, such as:
- Program and service redesign, in light of social distancing and public safety requirements
- Innovative technology to support virtual, mobile and/or pop-up programs and services
- Redesigned and reconceived marketing, fundraising and special events
- Strategic planning pivoting, refinement and revisions in light of COVID-19
- Partnership, merger, consolidation and/or acquisition activities due to COVID-19 impacts
- Infrastructure improvements due to COVID, including plexiglass dividers, technology upgrades, etc.
- Higher operating costs related to cleaning and social distancing requirements
- Other one-time or increased expenses incurred related to COVID-19
This is a competitive, time-sensitive grants process. Grant decisions will be made weekly, on an ongoing basis. Only electronic grant applications are accepted by e-mail. No paper applications are accepted.
- Nonprofit 501 (c) (3) organization formed and active in 2017 or earlier
- Nonprofit must be located and providing services in Chester County
Priority Preference for Grant Funding
- Nonprofits that provide clear evidence of how they aim to/are reshaping their programs, services, administration, marketing and fundraising, to safely provide services and thrive in light of COVID impacts
- Nonprofits with substantial costs to comply with COVID public health requirements
- Nonprofits that serve a diverse constituency, and are governed and managed by diverse leadership
- Nonprofits NOT located in Chester County, PA
- Nonprofits NOT delivering services in Chester County
- Nonprofits that did NOT experience revenue loss due to the coronavirus pandemic and/or nonprofits that have no additional costs associated with the coronavirus pandemic
- Nonprofits that were NOT operational as of December 30, 2017
- Government or government-owned or controlled entities
- Churches or religious organizations with respect to their primarily religious activities and/or their activities which limit participation to members of the church or religious organization. Religious entities with social & human service outreach programs must provide 501 ( c ) ( 3 ).
- For-profit businesses
- Private clubs/organizations that limit membership for reasons other than capacity
- Nonprofits primarily engaged in lobbying or political activities
- Nonprofits NOT compliant with all federal, state, & local laws, including taxation
- Nonprofits NOT compliant with current public health guidelines, including coronavirus pandemic phased reopening restrictions
- Proposals will only be accepted by e-mail. This grant form is available at https://chescocf.org/covidgrant/.
- Receipt of grant proposals will be confirmed by e-mail.
- Grant proposals will be posted on the Community Foundation’s website, in order to share with fund advisors, donors, grant panelists, and other funding sources.
- Grant proposals will be reviewed weekly.
- We estimate grants awards will range from $5,000 to $50,000.
- For awarded grants, a written report on use and impact of this funding will be due within 6 months.
Please direct questions about ChesCo Nonprofit Innovation & Resiliency Grants to:
Chester County Community Foundation
28 W. Market Street, The Lincoln Building
West Chester, PA 19382