Lions Club International was founded early in the 20th century by Chicago businessman Melvin Jones. In 1925, Helen Keller was the keynote speaker at the Lions Club International Convention, challenging the Lions Club to become “Knights of the Blind.” Since then, the major goal of the Lions is the prevention and cure of blindness. Today, Lions Clubs International is the largest service organization in the world with 1.4 million members in 190 countries.
The West Goshen Lions Club was founded in February 1972. Today we are 60+ members strong. We are proud of the ethnic, religious, vocational, and age diversity of our members. We are a formidable team as we put into action the motto of Lions International: “We Serve.”
With our direct, hands-on contribution of time, effort and money, over the years we have helped by:
~ purchasing Leader Dogs for the blind
~ supporting Beacon Lodge in Lewistown, PA, a camp for blind & deaf children
~ purchasing Titmus Tester machines for local school district vision testing
~ getting a lift van for a child confined to a wheel chair
~ buying magnifier readers for people with limited vision
~ buying Braille writers, prosthetics & hearing aids, and
~ buying uniforms & equipment for the Boy Scout Troop we sponsor.
For more information, please visit the West Goshen Lions Club website.
Mail flyer and check made payable to:
West Goshen Lions Club Fund, c/o CCCF
28 West Market Street
West Chester, PA 19382