On February 6, 2023 a 7.8-magnitude earthquake struck Turkey and Syria, ultimately impacting over 2 million people’s lives. Within 24 hours an estimated 5,600 buildings were destroyed and over 5,000 lives ended. Below are some organizations you can donate to and help the people of Turkey and Syria during this devastating time.
- Project HOPE: Project HOPE is on the ground providing urgently-needed medical supplies and aid.
- Save the Children: Save the Children is on the ground providing children with access to food, shelter, and warm clothing.
- Center for Disaster Philanthropy: Center for Disaster Philanthropy gives to the CDP Turkey & Syria Earthquake Recovery Fund to help families and the community.
- Plan International Inc.: Plan International is working urgently to responds to the needs of children, particularly girls, and their families in Syria.
- Direct Relief: Direct Relief is working in the U.S and internationally to expand access to medicine and healthcare by equipping doctors and nurses with lifesaving medical resources.
- Syrian American Medical Society: The Syrian American Medical Society Foundation is a global medical relief organization that is providing medical care and treatment to every patient in Syria and surrounding areas.