Introduction to The Plan
What is a Smart Giving Circle?
- A Smart Giving Circle is a group of 5-12 donors who pool their charitable dollars and decide together which charities to support.
- Smart Giving Circles evaluate nonprofits firsthand via site visits and volunteer activities.
- Via in-person meetings and on-line follow up, Smart Giving Circles are a venue to discuss broader issues related to philanthropy, such as prioritizing community needs, discerning service niches, comparing quality amongst various nonprofits, and determining financial health, leadership, program impact, etc.
What can I expect?
By joining a Smart Giving Circle, you will have opportunities to:
- Connect with like-minded peers
- Increase your community involvement
- Engage in professional and strategic networking
- Increase the impact of your charitable dollars
- Direct your donations to the causes that matter to you
- Enjoy yourself – have meaningful conversations in enjoyable ways
How much time & money?
Smart Giving Circle members are asked to:
- Join The PLAN as an annual dues-paying member ($100, $500 or $1,000 level)
- Participate in a Giving Circle for a minimum of 5 (five) 2-hour meetings during 1 year
- Donate to their Giving Circle Pool managed by the Community Foundation ($100-$2,500, as the individual desires)
For information on Imprints, a giving circle part of The Plan, click here.